here is the stuff to help with the new kitchen.
We will add more items here as we go.
PDF of measurements.
With the appliances having a little problem with keeping it all in the brand family. I initially went based on Choice recommendations, a visit to E&S, and price. Then may be thinking that if you keep it in the brand family there a better negotiating options, better deals. Miele is to expensive, I think based on list prices, Neff does not cover all the bases. Bosch and Siemens have all the items. Just that E&S do not list a Bosch fridge. The table below are the spec sheets provided by E&S and Winning Appliances.
Dishwasher iQ300 series SN436S01JA $1299
Induction cooktop iQ700 series - this is the 60cm EX675LYC1E $2298 (list), there is an 80cm EX875KYW1E
Bosch Induction Cooktop
273ltr integrated fridge iQ500 series KI86NAD30A
Bosch Integrated 254ltr fridge (Winning Appliances not found on E&S)
Oven, steam & microwave iQ700 series HN878G4B6B $4598
Oven steam, not with microwave (Bosch does not seem to have one)
Bosch built in microwave
LI67SA530A 60cm retractable/slide-out
Bosch under cupboard rangehood
Blanco Naya 8S
Gessi Emporio Pull Out Kitchen Mixer Tap 17053B
Gessi Emporio Proton Kitchen Mixer Tap with Pull Out Dual Function Spray 17177B
Floor tiles colour:
Attempt at matching benchtop colours to floor tiles:
What we use and our ideas.
Like every kitchen you collect things that never get used and use certain things all the time. Apart from the big appliances what do we use most (in no particular order):
- coffee machine, toaster (4 slice, but will reduce to a 2 slice) and a kettle.
- about two pots with steamer addons, one large deep pot, one huge pot, three types of pans (2 in picture on microwave), and a deep glass lid pan (in picture).
- glad warp, baking paper and foil rolls (x1 each). We use baking paper and foil much more.
- paper towels.
- To hand cooking implements.
- Two wooden cutting boards, two 1mtr long table boards, two nylon boards, a cooling rack.
- Several baking trays and dishes, ceramic/stone, glass and metal coated.
- 8 place setting crockery set, some odd and sod bowls, red plastic service bowls.
- Knife block.
- Tea towels, a few small electrical appliances, and the kitchen odds-and-sods draw (chop sticks, garlic crushers, lemons squeezer, etc.).
- Some plastic contains, but these are about to be all sent to recycling and a purpose fit set sought.
- On bench are the to-hand cooking items, plus olive oil, salt etc. next to knife block in picture above.
Above stove/oven measured on same size as 1745x710mm for sample purposes. The colour pallet in the top right corner is for colour sampling with benchtop etc.
Our ideas (?):
- The microwave in the above will disappear with the Siemens combo oven.
- Thin pull out pantry (see pictures above for the idea) next to built in fridge. The built in fridge will give so much more space.
- Pull out cabinet next to pull out pantry and next to cook top for the common cooking items used (spoons, whisks, ladles, olive oil, salt etc.).
- To right of window, similar to the CD rack used on the bench to, a odd-and-sod pigeon hole cabinet, with a door cabinet on the benchtop that hides the coffee machine and toaster.
- The oven and cooktop roughly in the same place. This is because the convenience of having the rangehood hole already there.
- The sink roughly in the same place, however with holes to the rear to reduce the space lost to pipes, thus allowing there to be a pull out combo binny thingy underneath.
- The dishwasher in the right-hand corner, under the bench, under the corner pigeon hole thingy.
- The benchtop on the right becomes an island, with draws, and a breakfast bench overhang for at least 2 people.
- The butt end of the ‘new’ island benchtop is to be on the left side 1/2 draws, on the right-side pigeon holes for wine bottles(?) and/or shelves for cook books etc.(?).
- Corner near to the left is a tricky spot seeking a solution.
- The high cabinets are seeking a novel solution. Swinging doors are annoying, there are new lift up cabinet doors, however there is a pinch point with the blind roller fitting. Not sure what height Craig will want to go to, all the way to the roof or as they are now. There are now pull-out pull-down cabinet shelving inserts that could be handy, saves reaching for that item on tippy toes (especially mother in-law).
These are just our ideas. We are after high functionality for the space, a little bit of timber use.
Timber use. The pigeon holes in the right corner to be timber across, with only the pigeon holes in the butt-end of the ‘new’ island bench to be timber, then may be the pull out thin pantry also being a timber strip façade (modern internal design).
Links to ideas:
Stone bench top colour chart: Simple Benchtops Dandenong
Ultimate Glass Splashbacks. has high Google reviews.